Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Events

Oct. 16 & Oct. 30: Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Events

No Comments Recent Events

What: State Water Resources Control Board Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Events

When: October 16, October 30  10-3pm, Mateel Community Center, 59 Rusk Lane, Redway 95560


Residents who received letters from the Water Boards in the Redwood Creek and Salmon Creek watersheds can attend these events to complete the Water Boards Small Irrigation Use Registration, and Waste Discharge Requirement Permit. Computers will be setup at these events so you can complete your Small Irrigation Use Registration water right registration, and Waste Discharge Requirement Permit.

Water Boards Staff will be available to:

  • Provide one-on-one application assistance for completing your Water Right and Water Quality Permits
  • Water source and water use calculation assistance
  •   Staff available to answer your project specific questions

Who Should Attend?

Cannabis cultivators and other interested parties.

Additional Resources

The following websites have information regarding ongoing agency efforts related to commercial cannabis cultivation: State Water Board, Cannabis Programs – General information regarding State Water Board Cannabis Programs.

Website: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/cannabis/

State Water Board, Division of Water Rights – Responsible for administering water rights for all surface water diver- sions, as well as diversions from groundwater and all springs for the purpose of commercial cannabis cultivation. Website: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/cannabis_water_rights.shtml

State Water Board, Division of Water Quality and the Regional Water Quality Control Boards – Responsible for addressing potential water quality impacts from cannabis cultivation and associated activities on private property. Division of Water Quality: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/cannabis_water_quality.shtml Regional Boards Map: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterboards_map.html

California Department of Fish and Wildlife – Responsible for ensuring cannabis cultivators operate in a manner that is protective of fish and wildlife resources. Website: https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Cannabis

Bureau of Cannabis Control – Responsible for issuing cannabis licenses for distributors, dispensaries, transporters, and testing laboratories. Website: http://www.bcc.ca.gov/

California Department of Food and Agriculture – Responsible for licensing cannabis cultivators and establishing a track and trace program. Website: http://calcannabis.cdfa.ca.gov/

California Department of Public Health – Responsible for licensing manufacturers of cannabis products, such as edi- bles. Website: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/Pages/MCSB.aspx

California Department of Pesticide Regulation – Responsible for regulating pesticide use in commercial cannabis cultivation. Website: http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/cannabis/index.htm

What is a priority Watershed?

To find out more information on priority watersheds follow the link to view more information on our Priority Watershed webpage: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/california_priority_watersheds.html

Stay Informed!

To receive additional information about the State Water Board’s efforts related to commercial cannabis cultivation, please subscribe to the State Water Board’s “Cannabis Cultivators” email list under “Water Rights” or “Water Quality” on the fol- lowing webpage: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/resources/email_subscriptions/swrcb_subscribe.shtml

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram


If you have questions regarding these workshops, please contact the Cannabis Registration Unit by email at

CannabisReg@waterboards.ca.gov or by phone at (916) 319-9427.