There are a variety of places in the area to find lodging and camping. From historic inns to inexpensive motels, or from campgrounds that offer full hook-ups to rustic wilderness campsites, Southern Humboldt offers many choices. One important thing to remember: If you’re planning to attend one of the major festivals (Summer Arts… Reggae…etc.) make sure to book your accommodations as far ahead as possible! Many of the lodging and camping establishments in the area will be completely full by the time most major festivals begin!
The options below offer a round-up of the most popular camping, motel, and hotel establishments in the Southern Humboldt area- listed in alphabetical order.
Easily topping the list of hotels and motels in the area, the historic Benbow Inn is clearly the most luxurious and well appointed lodging and dining establishment in the region and deserves special mention. It opened to the public in July of 1926 and soon became a popular destination resort for motoring tourists traveling up the newly completed Redwood Highway. Set above the banks of the Eel River, this North Coast hotel's beautiful location and distinctive Tudor design has earned the resort the reputation as a unique Northern California getaway — intriguing travelers for eight decades. On the ROTR shuttle bus route, the Benbow Inn is simply a fantastic place to stay.
948 Redwood Dr.
Garberville, CA 95542
Phone: (707) 923-2422
Fax: (707) 923-2599
492 Machi Rd.
Shelter Cove, CA 95589
Phone: (707) 986-7474
Richardson Grove State Park Campground
Benbow KOA & Golf
- Call for availability and information.
- Phone: 707-923-2777 or toll free at 866-236-2697
- More at: www.benbowrv.com
Dean Creek Resort & Campground
- Phone: 707-923-2555
- More at: www.deancreekresort.com
Redwoods River Resort & Campground
- Phone: 707-925-6249
- More at: www.redwoodriverresort.com
Burlington Campground (Humboldt Redwoods State Park)
- To reserve sites at the Burlington campground go to www.reserveamerica.com and under the "Loop" dropdown at left choose "Burlington", choose your dates, and view the campsites available.
- More info about this campground may be found here: humboldtredwoods.org/burlington
Giant Redwoods RV & Camp in Myers Flat
- Phone: (707) 943-9999
- More at: www.giantredwoodsrv.com
Standish-Hickey State Recreation Area Campground