Renters are required to provide $1,000,000 liability coverage naming The Mateel Community Center as additionally insured.
You may be able to have beer and wine served at your event with a request. The MCC retains first right of refusal to run the bar and may deny permission to serve alcohol if it is deemed appropriate to do.
If the MCC does not choose to serve alcohol at your event then you may serve alcohol with the understanding that a LOCAL non-profit organization runs and receives the proceeds from the bar. A permit from the ABC is required:
DEPARTMENT OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL 1105 6th Street #C, Eureka, CA 95502 - 707-445-7229
Whether you are serving a full meal or simple snacks and refreshments, this is important! You may need assistance. Many community non-profit organizations raise money by hosting kitchens at events. Ask for suggestions.
In addition to your hall rental fee, a clean-up fee will be assessed as follows:
- $250 for 'For-Profit' events
- $150 for 'Non-Profit' events
- $100 for low impact events such as workshops and classes
Diamondback/Ole Pierson - (707) 498-9904
Timbo – (707) 601-3359
Mateel Security/Dan Whyte (707) 382-6669
Robin Krauss (707) 490-6078
Joe Hiney (707) 223-4131
Eric Johnston (707) 722-1706
Cosmic Goo- Mark Zachary 707 223-1420
Marmalade Sky- Fred Huff 707 834-0295
Rob Seifert (707) 223-0506
Jeanne York (707) 923-2978
Jim Fulton (707) 932-0023 (Cell)
Sam Safier (707) 840-9874 or (707) 616-7169
Steve Cano (707) 696-1811
Tarik Jassar 707-498-1738 or 707-268-0953
The Mateel has available and will provide upon request, 17 tables, 100 padded chairs and 100 steel chairs. Please reserve these items WELL IN ADVANCE of your event.
Stage, curtains or cyclorama may or may not be constructed at the hall. Please request these items 90 days in advance. Additional charges will be applied.
It is Mateel policy to allow children 12 years of age and younger into events for free. If your policy differs from this, please let us know.
The Mateel will present the renter with a guest and volunteer list. The guest list will be comprised of Board and Staff names and their plus ones. Volunteer names will be involved with the bar (if applicable), bar security, and clean-up.
Decorating must be done on the day of the event. Only removable tape may be used to hang decorations. Decorations must be removed following the event, (within 3 hours), by the renter. Special arrangements must be made for additional time for decorating or removal. NO DUCT TAPE, NO TACKS, NAILS, SCREWS OR OTHER OBJECTS SHALL BE DRIVEN INTO THE WALLS, DOORS, OR FLOOR. NO GLITTER, NO SAND, NO ANIMALS. NO PROP PAINTING INSIDE THE HALL. All equipment, (musical,stage, tables, etc), must be lifted off the floor while being carried or moved so as to maintain floor surface. Carpet squares are available for use to prevent floor damage .
Many events offering advanced tickets may also be found at the following locations:
(Note: Call to verify availability! Not ALL outlets may hold tickets for given show. We've included their phone numbers below for your convenience.)
All Mateel events (including Reggae On The River® Tickets Outlets)
- Humboldt Threads, 1143 Main Street, Fortuna, CA, 707-617-2506
- It Takes Two to Tangle, 44800 Hwy 101, Laytonville, CA, 707-984-8688
- Main Street Music, 65 South Main Street, Willits, CA, 707-459-4747
- People's Records, 725 8th Street, Arcata, CA, 707-822-7625
- Redway Liquor, 3362 Redwood Drive, Redway, CA, 707-923-3913
- The Works, 434 2nd Street, Eureka, CA, 707-442-8121
- Ukiah Natural Foods, 721 South State Street, Ukiah, CA, 707-467-9720
Reggae On The River® Tickets Outlets ONLY
- Cornerstone Reggae Culture , 6971 Sebastopol Avenue, Sebastopol, CA, 831-359-0360
- The Last Record Store, 1899A Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA, 707-525-1963
- Wildberries, 747 13th Street, Arcata, CA, 822-0095 ext 10
- Garberville Boutique, 827 Redwood Drive #1, Garberville, CA 95542, 707-354-4604
The lndependent (707) 923-4205
The Redwood Times (707) 923-1396
Please provide us with a press release and event graphic as soon as your date is confirmed and we will assist in promoting your event in our web and social media channels.