Mateel Community Center is seeking applications for the position of Hall Assistant. Responsibilities include hall/ grounds cleaning and general assistance to hall crew on events, festivals, and other projects. Applicants must be organized, service-oriented, able to do heavy lifting, and willing to work late nights, plus hold a valid driver’s license. Pay is $12-$14 per hour, and requires 1-2 days per week- with increased hours during the summer and fall. Job application forms are available at the Mateel office or submit a resume to Mateel Community Center c/o Hall Assistant Hiring Committee, PO Box 1910, Redway, CA 95560 or via email to email@example.com with subject heading: Hall Assistant Hiring Committee.
Mateel Hall Assistant- job description
The Mateel Hall Assistant is a part time position, paid hourly. Hours are as needed on an annual basis in accordance with the organizational budget, with the most hours occurring in summer/ fall. Works in a support capacity to Hall Associate and reports officially to Hall Manager. Performance is to be reviewed annually.
The Mateel Hall Assistant is responsible for the following duties.
- Work closely with Hall Associate and Caretaker, and report to Hall Manager for any MCC hall and festival needs
- Attend hall staff meetings as required
- Report on and attend to hall/ grounds/ event related safety concerns
- Work with and oversee volunteers on custodial process/ grounds maintenance
- Assist as needed in setting up for events- decorating, hanging curtains, stage, etc
- Responsible for post event clean up duties as determined by Hall Manager
- Handle any other duties deemed appropriate for the Mateel Hall Assistant